Thursday, January 19, 2012

Day 220 - Seven AM

Last night I was fast asleep at 11:30 PM. To my amazement when I woke up in the AM the clock said 7:00. I slept through the night! Goodbye jet lag, hello sleep filled nights. Sleeping through the night was quite a feat and a highlight of my morning.

The giant spider I later found hanging out in my shower was certainly a low moment in my morning. This spider was the size of a Burt’s Bees tin and not filled with wonderful menthol lip balm. So ugly. In my panic I ran outside and as two of my co-workers if they could come and kill it for me. Their response to my request was to tell me that the spider was crawling in my hair. Not helpful at all.

Fortunately there are more kind people in the compound and one of the guys came to my rescue and killed the spider for me with a quarter of a can of Doom.

And as he was killing it, he says ‘It is not even that big.”

AHH! Eww.

I disagreed.

It was huge.

3 comments:

  1. yay sleep.
    your spider story both horrified me (i thought it was actually in your hair) and made me giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for sleep. Yuk to the spider! Are you sure it was THAT BIG!!!! Glad I wasn't there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy to say that the closest thing that I have had to a spider incident was when I saw one crawling on the side of a building and then saw a lizard run up and gobble it up. I am hoping and praying that that is all I see...

    I'm glad that you are finally sleeping well friend!

    ReplyDelete