Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Day 100 - Hobbitan

Next on our East coast blitz was Matamata where the shire resides. We drove there, could not find an open free campsite so ended up camping on the roadside. It was actually kind of nice. Little did we know we were literally only a couple kms away from the shire at that time. We did not find this out until later when we got on the tourist bus that would take us to the shire and we drove past where we slept. We spent the day in Matamata, and found the coolest Op Shop. I bought a beautiful 80's style low lawn chair. It completely cooking time by the wagon at night. It was perfect and only a couple of dollars. I don't recall if I have talked about Op Shops but they were some of the best places I went to in New Zealand. An Op Shop is a second hand store and New Zealand legitimately has the best stuff out there. I would move to New Zealand just to furnish a house with amazing things I have found in second hand stores. So after a lovely day wandering Matamata, we boarded a tourist bus and made our way to Hobbitan. Seriously, the view of the rolling green hills, covered in sheep, with wind blown trees on our way to Hobbitan was absolutely beautiful. This country continually takes my breath away and sometimes I do not even understand how it can be so beautiful. And now for a whole wack of pictures because there are no words necessary for the rest....



















No comments:

Post a Comment