Thursday, October 6, 2011

Day One Hundred & Sixteen - There's A Hole In Your Road Dear Juba...

Today I taught 16 kids, ages 8-16, English. On my way to the class I had no clue what age group I would be teaching so preparing for it was not possible. It was good but challenging to keep the kids focused when they are all at different levels of learning AND when they would rather be outside playing football. By the end of the lesson I was covered in multiple colors of chalk and sweaty as all get out. My boda boda ride home dried me out real nice though.

I arrived at Arkel to see Alexandra and Jessica walking down the road. So I call them to see where they are going and make them aware that I am walking right behind them. Alexandra informed me that she had got the HiLux rorally stuck and were on their way to get it out with some help. I walk up to the scene to find the HiLux with its front end in a hole. Seriously. The vehicle was sitting on 3 wheels, looking quite precarious in the mud puddle. With the help of another vehicle, the HiLux was freed from the massive crater in the road with no damage to be seen. Only the pride of the driver was hurt a little. The crazy thing is that we saw a Hiace (mini van taxi) stuck in the exact same place this morning. This hole is very deceiving. It looks just like a regular mud puddle but in reality that mud was keeping a massive hole hidden. After this crisis was over, we drove to dinner; only to find a truck stuck in the exact same hole the HiLux had just been pulled out of.



Juba your roads are unpredictable, changing day-by-day, muddy and treacherous to walk AND drive on.

That is all.

Peace.

*Featured in this post today are the lovely ladies, Alexandra and Jessica*

No comments:

Post a Comment