Monday, October 24, 2011

Day One Hundred & Thirty Four - Sheer Bliss

I have had two excellent days in a row. Let me tell you why.

Yesterday I spent the day in a paradise. Maybe not paradise, but for Juba it really was. I was fortunate enough to be invited to spend the day at a friend of a friend’s villa. They have a beautiful new pool, with loungers and a swim up bar. The pool is deep enough that you can dive in it and it is tiled with 4 shades of blue giving it a really pretty color. The whole place is extremely elaborate and slightly excessive but I am not complaining or judging because living in a tent creates the feeling of having a place like this to go to necessary. It really did not feel like we were in Juba yesterday. It was excellent. Talk about an escape. Good company, sunshine (a little too much sunshine says my red skin), and good music. A perfect way to relax on a Sunday in Juba.

And today folks, I was given a job. Hired. That makes for another excellent day eh? I almost can’t believe it. I am no longer unemployed in Juba and my oh my it is a good feeling. AND the greatest thing about it, besides getting a paycheck and being able to stay here in Juba, is that as of November I will not be living in a tent anymore. Thank you unnamed company.

2 comments:

  1. Good news all around. Enjoy the bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That is very good news indeed. Love you!

    ReplyDelete