Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Day One Hundred & Twenty Two - Baking

I walked in the hot hot sun today. I was so sweaty by the end of it. I realized however, that while I was in Cairo I walked everywhere in even hotter weather and wasn’t too phased by it. It may be the fact that it is rainy season so there are breaks from the intense heat. In Cairo there were no breaks whatsoever. Slowly, slowly it is getting hotter everyday and there is less rain. Rainy season only lasts until the end of October then the heat really sets in. Less rain equals no walking in mud or getting stranded somewhere to avoid the rain, but it also means sweating profusely and being slightly uncomfortable at all times. You get used to that feeling though which is good.

I made peanut butter cookies today in a friend’s kitchen. It was awesome. They were of course slightly different than the cookies I make back home, different kind ingredients you know, but still good. One taster told me that I needed to teach him how to make them so that he could teach his wife, then his wife could teach their daughter and his daughter could teach her husband. I think he liked them. It was very relaxing to be able to bake like I do at home.



2 comments:

  1. The cookies look delicious and I know how much you love baking so I am glad you could get in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look delicious! I hope you taught your friend, because those kinds of recipes really do get passed along.

    ReplyDelete