Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Day 480 - C'est La Vie


Yesterday I officially moved out of the compound I have been living in for the last nine months.

Another life altering moment in the world of Caryn. Being told I have one week until I no longer have a job was another moment I choose to remove from my memory, however it was not an entirely out of the blue thing. I had my thoughts about what was going to happen once the end of September came about. A normal person cannot just accept the worst of all options when it comes to ones job. I really did not think that I would actually be leaving at the end of the month.

The wonders of the process and logical thinking that goes into the formation of a new phase of a project will always astound me. Why does it seem like the people running the show in this world have no clue what is actually going on? How did they get to be in the position they are in today when it seems that every decision they make is illogical and only going to benefit them, not the work that is supposed to be accomplished. It astonishes me. Leaves me almost without words actually.

Who wants a stable occupation anyways? Takes the fun and spontaneity out of life does it not? If I had a stable job would I be able to go spend the next four weeks on a beach? I think not.

So to lay it all down, my time in Juba has come to an end. I am leaving in about a week and heading off on a four-week beach vacation where I can decompress, relax and get my tan on before I return to the icy cold winter that home has to offer me. 

1 comment:

  1. Knowing you, more wonderful adventures await. Enjoy your time on the beach to the max!

    ReplyDelete