Thursday, October 18, 2012

Day 496 - Seashell Seashell By The Sea Shore


Today there was no power. This was not a problem for me until just now, 18:15, when I am getting tired of reading and once it is dark I will have nothing to do but sit. After a phone call to a great friend in South Sudan, I sat thinking about how dependent on power I am, particularly when I am alone. If I had people around to chat with and spend time with, a lack of power would not be such an issue. I was alone, getting antsy, and was hoping the power would come on soon. About thirty minutes later, AHHH, the power turns on. Thank you power for saving me from an evening of utter boredom. I would love to say that I would have been fine this evening without power, but not this time. Power is my friend when it gets dark at 19:00 and there is no one around to talk to…


Today I went to a long walk up the beach. I found a shell graveyard and I have to go back tomorrow with a bag. So many beautiful shells!! It was a lovely walk. I almost lost my flip-flop, in what I would describe as quick sand. I took one step and all of a sudden I was in sand half way up to my knees. I panicked because who knows what is in that sand, but I made it out alive, my flip-flop sustained a minor injury, however it was fixable. Upon my return I did a few laps in The Neighbor’s pool to soothe my hot skin.




It turns out that The Neighbor is an amazing artist; he paints acrylic paintings and does metal work. He showed me some amazing pieces. A very talented person.

I finished my book today. I had been reading Emma’s War for the last few months so it was nice to finally finish it. Quite and incredible story. So interesting to read about how South Sudan was twenty years ago and what ex-pats had to go through in those days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment