Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Day 494 - Cockroaches


Last night I was, what I call in my mind, attacked by a cockroach. Possibly the same one that was in my room the other night; I cornered it, planned on throwing a shoe at it but I ended up having to doom it to death. Just as I finished killing that one, another one came scurrying along as if to spite me for killing its friend. I also killed a centipede today, I felt bad but it had to be done. As far as I know they are poisonous, and it almost fell on me! Eww. AND I just killed another cockroach that greeted me in the kitchen sink as I was going to do dishes. I barely survived that one. Bugs…so gross.

Aside from the insects, I have had a lovely day. I spent the morning reading my book and soaking up some sun. I took a boda boda to town to do a proper grocery trip and get myself a SIM card. It was a successful trip, except for the few things I of course forgot to get.

I walked up and down the beach this afternoon and then read some more. I did venture into the ocean, far enough for the waves to reach my shoulders, but I couldn’t get up the courage to stay in longer. The seaweed and the thoughts of what is in the water was enough to make me get out. During my beach walk I saw a turtle coming up on the beach. It was going to lay its eggs, however, the dogs scared it away with their barking, or I scared it away while I was taking pictures. I choose to blame the dogs. The turtle will be back tonight to lay its eggs.  Super cool that I got to see a turtle, just unfortunate that it got scared away.



Unfortunately I am more on the North coast, which means I don’t get to watch a sunrise or a sunset. The ocean is still beautiful either way.

Another lovely day almost over…

1 comment:

  1. SO cool about the turtle! I hope that it was able to lay it's eggs in peace later that night! I hope your got some cool pictures :)

    ReplyDelete