Friday, April 6, 2012

Day 296 - Love/Hate



I have a love-hate relationship with the beach. I love the sounds, the beauty of it and I love the water, however I really do not like the things that live in the ocean touching me. I do not like the salt water on my face and in my mouth or the taste of the salty ocean water. Seaweed wrapping around my legs makes me scream and have a minor panic. It is just so nasty. Like having slimy worms curl themselves around you. Not a good feeling.



Love-hate relationship.

I relocated today. I moved to White Sands Resort which was rather unfortunate considering Nadia was staying at Continental but our organization skills were not top notch so separated we will be. After I got settled in my new room....



I spent the day on the beach, lying on a lounger getting some sun and chatting with Nadia. We of course took breaks to go in the ocean and even got caught up in a game of beach volleyball. It was excellent. I have never played beach volleyball. It turns out to be really fun.

The evening consisted of eating really good food and then going out to a club to dance. It was awesome. The place we went was called Tembo. It had great music, definitely not what you hear played in Juba. You could actually dance to this music and enjoy yourself. It was a very good night.

It was a beautiful and relaxing day.

2 comments:

  1. You will have to come to Hawaii with us when we go back. Almost no sea weed! And the water is crystal clear so you can see the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an excellent plan!!!!

    ReplyDelete