Saturday, April 7, 2012

Day 297 - Excursion

My alarm went off at 9:30am today. There was no way I was going to miss my breakfast and it was delish.

I spent a lovely hour reading on the beach and basking in the sun.

Nadia and I ventured out on the town. We went to a place called Bambalulu, which is an organization that runs programs for disabled people so they can make an income. The things the make are really great. They make clothing, jewelry, metals works, woodcarvings, bags, etc. They make and sell the items to various companies/organizations all around the world, 10,000 villages being one of them. A very valuable and amazing project. We got to watch some traditional dancing. So cool.



From here we went to Nakumat, which is a big supermarket here and oh my goodness was it overwhelming. You could get almost everything in there. SO MUCH. Granola, nuts and chocolate for me :) Haller Park was next. It was so lovely to be in nature, surrounded by massive trees and animals. Some hippopotamus, water buffalo’s, antelope type things, a whole bunch of crocodiles and so many monkeys!!









Nadia came to White Sands and spent a few hours with me at the beach bar. It was really nice. We watched the moon rise on the horizon and it was orange! Bizzare. I have never seen that before. It was beautiful. We made friends with some guys from the US who are here for work. Yes they are staying at White Sands while working. I wish. Haha. Tembo was on the agenda again tonight so I ripped up the dance floor until the wee hours of the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment