Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Day 8: Coast to Coast Continued



The coast to coast walk goes from Waitemata Harbour in the north to the Manukau Habour in the south.

Amazingly this coast to coast walk is only 16kms of Te Araroa (the long pathway), a continuous 3000km track from Cape Reinga, the most northern tip of New Zealand, to Bluff, the most southern part of the country.

From the Auckland Museum I walked my way to Outhwaite Park, which was once a volcanic knoll and the trees date back to the 1840's.

Maungawhau, Mt. Eden, is the tallest volcano in Auckland, reaching 196m. The panoramic views from Mt. Eden were incredible. I could see where I had come from and where I was going. Only slightly daunting because it looked as though I still had a whole lot of walking left to do.



Along my venture I strolled past the Auckland University, which has some beautiful campus'. I past many parks, all of which had some sort of significance it seemed. Cornwall Park and One Tree Hill Domain were the next two large parks I walked through. These two parks combined are 220 hectares of beautiful landscape, with sheep and cows to boot.






2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I like that there are sheep and cows in the parks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! That sounds like an incredible walk.

    ReplyDelete