Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Day One Hundred & Forty Nine - To and Fro

The sun is shining. I was just mauled by the new dog (name yet to be determined) at the compound, so I was covered in orange dirt. Lovely. Originally she was called Cashew (because she is a nutty dog according to her previous owner) but I advocated that she be renamed and her current owner has yet to dub her with a new name. She is a cute and very hyper little pup.

I have attempted to wake up at 6:30am for the past 3 days. Every morning my alarm goes off, moan and roll over to get up but end up resetting it to 7:30am. Fail. I can’t figure out why I am so tired. Goal for tomorrow is to wake up at 7:00am. Gradual changes ya? The location of the new compound I am living at is quite perfect for running because it is not a very public location. I can run alone without being bothered and do not have to worry about being mowed down by vehicles passing by.

I decided to listen to Christmas music this evening after I went for a run (yes I am continuing to write this post as the day passes by) and I could not have chosen a better album to start off with. A Charlie Brown Christmas album is excellent. Beautiful music and it does not overwhelm you with Christmas cheer. It gives you the right amount of warm feelings in your heart that you feel when you know that it is the Christmas season. Back home there is snow on the ground, it is getting colder and colder each day. I am sure people have their Christmas lights up on their houses and stores have all their Christmas decorations out on display. Here on the other hand, there is more dirt/dust on the ground; it is getting hotter and hotter each day. There are no Christmas lights on any of the houses, unless you count Home and Away Restaurant but theirs are up all year round, and there are no stores that have Christmas decorations on display. This is all a new experience for me. I have never been outside of Canada this time of year. For this reason, it does not even feel like November.

2 comments:

  1. It is definitely November and Christmas stuff is starting to appear. It was so nice today (a Chinook) and unless you suffer from weather-aggravated migraine, it was a gorgoeous day but snow is forecast for tomorrow. We would mail you some cold if you had mail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the Charlie Brown Christmas album! Cher was just listening to it while doing homework this afternoon. It is perfect for this time of year. West Ed has had Christmas decorations up since before Halloween. It must be very strange to not have all the reminders of the season bombarding you. Edmonton is to be getting snow overnight. I think winter may be arriving.

    ReplyDelete