Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Day One Hundred & Forty Two - Mirror

Last night I was lying in bed thinking about how I do not have a mirror in my bathroom and I would really like to have one. A mirror is such a simple thing that a lot of people would not think twice about because typically there is always a mirror in a bathroom, and multiple mirrors in a house. A mirror will come I just have to be patient. I guess that some people rarely see their own reflection in a mirror. They do not wake up in the morning and go look at themselves in the mirror. These thoughts reminded me of a day when I was walking down the street here in Juba and I walked past 4 little boys, maybe between ages five and ten, dancing around and checking themselves out in a storefront window. This window was basically a mirror with the kind of tinting it had on it, and these boys were having the time of their lives. It was so cute. My perception of the situation was that these boys were so fascinated with their reflection because they do not often see what they look like.

Just an observation...

No comments:

Post a Comment