Sunday, September 11, 2011

Day Ninety One - Mango Juice

I had my first taste of ‘fresh’ mango juice this morning, straight from Cairo, only 4 days old and still delicious. My first swallow brought me back to the streets of Cairo, dusty and bustling with a zillion people and cars. My favorite juice place across from the Nasser metro stop very near to StARS. Right on the corner so conveniently located so as to tempt me ever time I walked past. I just could not resist that juice shop. There was nothing better than a glass of fresh, cold mango juice on a scorching hot summer Cairo day. Typically if I got this juice I would get it to go, which meant they filled a plastic bag with which ever juice you chose and tie it closed with a straw strategically placed in the bag so you could drink from it. Ingenious and so delicious.

I have a lovely co-worker to thank for this. She is so wonderful that she brought a whole 1L bottle of mango juice from Cairo with her. Delicious. It was most certainly the highlight of my day.

1 comment:

  1. Small acts of kindness mean so much. I am glad you for this bright spot in your day.

    ReplyDelete