Friday, September 16, 2011

Day Ninety Six - Squatting

Today I moved out of my tent into Alexandra’s tent. I piled my bags into the corner and made myself at home. I plan on sleeping on her floor for the night. I am slightly worried because she has had a frog in her tent so I would really not appreciate that jumping on me in the middle of the night. We shall see what crawls on me… I am officially, once again, a squatter. Too bad Alexandra doesn't have a couch for me to sleep on...

It rained hard enough today that a nice sized river formed itself on the Transmillenium road. So much water, in such a short period of time. I was very grateful I did not have to walk on the road today.

Two new girls arrived on the weekend. One of them is a fellow Canadian so that’s cool. I haven’t met many Canadians during my time here. All of us piled into our exquisite Rav4 and drove on over to our friends awesome compound. Someone told me that apparently George Clooney has stayed at this compound but I am not sure if I believe it. It is a really nice place so it could be true. This is the same place where we cooked dinner one night. We like it. They have a porch, how can we not like it. Sitting outside under the stars, getting eaten alive by mosquitoes, slathering on bug lotion and then enjoying the rest of the evening, in the company of good friends. That is my kind of a relaxing night.

No comments:

Post a Comment