Sunday, September 25, 2011

Day One Hundred & Five - It's Not Raining On Sunday

I woke up sweating in my tent with only two things on my mind. One, getting out of the tents before the sun started cooking me from inside. Two, yogurt.

It turned out to be just my day because Phoenicia, which has the cheapest and most delicious yogurt, had it in stock. They have not had it for a while so I was very excited. Benedicte and I purchased an array of things for brunch. Bread, cheese, yogurt and a big pineapple. It was all very delicious and a great way to start out the day.

Today was a very relaxing day spent with friends. Good conversation. Good food. Good times.

News of the day for South Sudan: There is an ongoing conflict between Sudan and South Sudan. The borders to the North are going to officially be closed as of December. Just last week there was an article about how the North and South had just signed an agreement regarding opening the border in certain locations. Things change fast. This decision is going to have major impacts on the bordering states, especially with herders who move their livestock along the borders for grazing. Everywhere in the South has been affected by the border issues, so the definite closure of the borders is going to make the situation worse. I am sure the government is making plans for where goods are going to come from instead of the North, but I am sure the issues with food shortages and increased costs of living is going to continue to be an issue everywhere.

http://www.sudantribune.com/South-Sudan-to-shut-borders-with,40237

1 comment:

  1. Not good news about the border closure. What is the reasoning behind it?

    ReplyDelete