Thursday, September 22, 2011

Day One Hundred & Two - Indecisiveness

My lack of decision-making skills has finally benefitted me. Slightly hard to believe eh? Its true. No lies.

Here is the story….I had to go and change my flight to Cairo, which was books for 3:15pm on Wednesday the 21st. Obviously I did not want to get on that plane. So off to the airport I went, to the Egypt Air office to change my flight. However, being who I am, I could not make a decision that quickly about when I was going to leave South Sudan and come home to Canada. Huge decision that was evidently causing me great stress and exactly what I said to the travel agent man. He replied to that by saying “Just like marriage. Marriage is a very big decision”. Hahha. So after wasting about 10 minutes of this nice Egyptian man’s time starring at the calendar and deliberately over dates, the man said “I tell you what. I will make it easy for you”. He then proceeded to print out my ticket and write something on it, then told me to come 10-12 days before I want to leave and book my flight. SO KIND. First time ever someone has accommodated my lack of decision-making skills.

1 comment: