Monday, June 13, 2011

The Beginning of A New Adventure

In 17.5 hours I will be sitting on a plane waiting to take off for London. After a 4.5 hour layover I will then fly to Cairo where I will stay for 2 days. On Friday I will be getting onto another plane with my dear friend Natalie to Juba, Sudan where I will be living for the next year or so!

Just a little background: It was March when I got an email from Natalie (who was my amazing roommate in Cairo) and she just threw the idea out there of me coming to work with her in Sudan. After being rejected by all of the other organizations I applied for internships with I of course was on board with this proposition. After many emails, lots of thinking and a delay in booking my flight, June 13th became the day I would head out on my new adventure as a research assistant in Juba, Sudan.

I have butterflies in my stomach that feel more like birds at the moment, but that is normal.

I am extremely excited for a new adventure to begin. To leave and work overseas, and to experience a new country and culture.

Rock on, I am going to JUBA!

PEACE!

2 comments:

  1. I am going to miss you, but I am SO excited to read all about your many adventures!

    PEACE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Caryn. I hope it is a great adventure and the start of an amazing career. I am proud of you but will miss you so much.

    ReplyDelete