Friday, June 17, 2011

Day Four - Just Another Day In Cairo

The lunar eclipse was very cool last night. I am so happy to have seen it. And tonight the moon is so big and so bright and as it was rising it was very orange/red. I love the night sky and in Cairo you usually can't see the moon so clearly so it was amazing.

Today has been a relatively lazy day. The time change was really raging in my body today. I slept so much and am still very tired right now. Oh well, jet lag doesn't last forever.

I hadn't been off the boat until about 6:30 and once I left while standing still I felt like I was rocking. It was so weird. The boat only really rocks when boats go by quite close thus creating waves which rock the boat. Its fun. I went and got a manicure with Natalie this evening. It was on $10!! So cheap. It was funny because I sat there for so long and the lady doing my nails asked if I wanted light or dark color and I said dark and she totally disapproved. She tried to get me to do a light pink color and I said no pink. Natalie translated for me and she said the lady wanted me to do a light color because of my skin tone, a dark color would look bad. So you know what color I chose? Maroon. Its pretty and my nails have never looked better. Then we ran some errands as we as leaving for the airport at 4:30am so we needed to get everything done this evening. We stopped and got a coffee. The shop we went to had a burst pipe so their was water pouring from the ceiling and all over the floor and all over outside. It was an unfortunate situation but the coffee was delish.

So now I need to re-pack my bags, which will make this about the 6th time I have back my silly bag. Malesh (oh well). It has to be done.

And forewarning you all, I do not know what internet will be like in Juba so my posts may be lacking....

Picture one - they row here! It would be so much fun to row on the Nile. I also saw a group of guys running along the Nile which I had never witnessed before. Very interesting.

Picture 2- This is the wonderful house boat. We live on the first floor.

Picture 3 - Post-revolution

Picture 4 - Pre lunar eclipse

Picture 5 - Lunar eclipse starting



1 comment:

  1. The houseboat looks like such a cozy place to stay. The breeze off the water is probably very welcome. Have a good flight and I hope we can see pictures of your home there soon.

    Lucky you to get a nice manicure. I sure could use one!

    ReplyDelete