Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day Nine - It's Tuesday NOT Wednesday

So I thought it was Wednesday today and I took my malaria medication...it is Tuesday. Fail.

I got about 5 hours of sleep. Yaya! I went to the markets Gudele and Konyo Konyo today with Pauline to deal with the data collectors. We now have petrol for the company car so Natalie drove us around for the morning. It is nice to have the SUV instead of calling taxi's or boda's. We spent most of the afternoon at a place called Logali Lounge. The coffee at Arkel was AWFUL!! So that is why we switched locations. For lunch I had a delicious salad and pumpkin soup.

From here Natalie, Pauline and I went to see where our new office is going to be. We are going to be renting a room from an NGO Compass. Natalie knows them and it is going to be very interesting to be working in the same place as them. I am sure they will be very useful resources and good workplace mates.

I was re-acquainted with Nicole at a place called Central Pub for supper. Nicole worked for Natalie in Cairo so I have met her previously. I will be in Aweil with Nicole.

Tonight is my first night of stars!! It is not a full sky but more than just 2 stars are showing their shining beauty.

There is a family of crickets living at the back of my tent. Eww.

At one of the traffic circle here in Juba there is a digital countdown for Independence Day. It is fun to drive by and see exactly how much time is left until the 9th. 16 days left I think….

1 comment:

  1. Independence Day is July 9th. I think it will be very cool to be there on that day! I'm sorry to hear about the family of crickets. I hope you are able to evict them soon.

    ReplyDelete