Monday, August 8, 2011

Day Fifty-Seven - Rain

The sound of rain woke me up at 6 am today. I thought to myself that I should get up and look outside because it seriously sounded like there were buckets of water being poured on top of my tent, but I was way to tired to function properly to crawl out of bed. I may have been imagining the intensity of the rain in my half asleep state but it really did sounds like buckets of rain.

I had tea with real milk, as opposed to powdered milk, and it was delicious. YAY CALCIUM…

Benedicte, Alexandra and I found a restaurant just 5 minutes from the office today. It is very nice. Great food and great price. And the location is awesome considering we only have one vehicle for 6 people. We had cabbage, beans and rice. It brought e back to my days in Torit but it was still delicious. We are definitely going to become regulars there. Only essential thing we need to learn is how to ask for small amount and half beans and half cabbage. One bowl of rice they give each of us could feed a small family. Between the three of us we propbaly know 20 words in Arabic and half of those are Egyptian Arabic which are not understood here in Juba. We are unfortunately lacking in our ability to speak Juba Arabic.

No comments:

Post a Comment