Sunday, August 7, 2011

Day Fifty-Six - Working on a Day Off

Normal daily routine. Wake up. Get ready. And go to work. Deadlines are a real big downer on a day off.

I had my first banana in South Sudan for breakfast today. It was delicious. Mother has expressed concern about my getting enough protein. Rest assured I am getting enough protein. What you should be concerned about is getting scurvy. Vegetables and fruit seem to be lacking all the time. I am slowly discovering ways of obtaining these things on a regular basis. We discovered that the Ethiopian restaurant we went to the other day has the most amazing vegetable dish and salad. Seriously vegetable overdose! Most amazing meal ever. Vegetables couldn’t taste any better! Scurvy avoided!

I wrote for one of our reports today and survived. Yay.

We successfully had lunch at Migingo, the place that we attempted to eat at that was smoky and super loud due to the generator. It was good. No smoke or generator. A way more pleasant atmosphere during the lunch hour.

My little miss Medea is 11 months old today! I can’t believe it.


1 comment:

  1. Okay! Just try to eat as much vegetables, fruit and protein as you can find to keep yourself healthy and "mother" will be happy!

    ReplyDelete