Sunday, August 21, 2011

Day Seventy - Two Words

I hit my low today with my irrational fear of spiders.

I was calmly sitting outside at Logali House (a nice restaurant with and covered outdoor area) and I look down and there is something black on my ankle. It took me a second to register what it was but once I did it was instant panic. Two words for you: jumping spider. I had a border line panic attack due to the fact that the spider was sitting on me, and due to the size of the table I was sitting at and the plastic chair not sliding back as fast as I needed it to AND I didn’t have shoes on to run away. Due to the fact that the spider can jump it jumped onto the table leg and proceeded to crawl up, once again getting close to me. I panicked. Made quite a scene. Had many worried looks come my way and the staff just laughed at me, but one waitress saved the day by shoeing it away. Alexandra made an attempt to help but she is also afraid of spiders. It was ridiculous. I eventually recovered and got a hold of myself but goodness gracious it really shook me up.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I feel your pain! There was a dead bird in the raspberry patch and I couldn't go out there until dad got rid of it! Yuk!

    I hope you have recovered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Caryn!

    I can just picture this scene in my head! I am laughing quite a bit at your misfortune. I hope that is ok :P
    I was INCREDIBLY lucky to never see a spider bigger than a dime while I was in Puerto Rico. Even when I saw a tiny one it was far away. I am hoping and praying I am just as lucky in Colombia.
    I'm so glad that you made it out alive!

    ReplyDelete