Thursday, August 4, 2011

Day Fifty-Three - Return to Juba



I woke up at 7 and felt exhausted. I was so cold all night, therefore did not sleep well. We had breakfast. Mandazi is a locally made bread/donut type thing. It is quite good. Reminds me a little bit of Gramma’s homemade donuts. UNHCR actually came and picked us up to take us to the UNMIS compound for a de-brief and then back to the airport. I was impressed. They finally did something right. We got to the airport just after 9 and waited at the airport until 12:30. Our landing in Juba was very rough. I do not like turbulence one bit.

Akshaya and I spent the afternoon together at Nimule lounging in the sun. It was very relaxing. She is leaving tomorrow so it was good to spend one last afternoon with her.

I had the best vegetarian pizza for supper and we enjoyed a night out on the town to celebrate Askhaya’s last night here.

Days for travel are lost days in my mind. Nothing ever really gets done on a day of travel, no matter how long you are travelling for. I am totally fine with that. It makes a good excuse to have a day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment