Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Day Seventy Two - Flipped

Happy Aniversary Cassandra and Russ!! You are both amazing. I hope your day is wonderful!

Today I watched a lorry (a big truck) flip over on the road. I did not actually quite believe I was seeing correctly but I sure was. Another truck came and t-boned this truck, or atleast that is what I think happened, and the truck flipped upside down. Seriously i just watched the truck roll over. It seemed like it was slow-mo. I thought I was imagining things. The moment it happened people on the streets immediately ran to the scene. I assume the people in the vehicle were ok but we did not drive past. Scary. Good thing I took extra long to pay for my drinks at Arkel or else we would have been on the road when the accident happened.

I stand corrected in my last post: Benedicte is actually the person who saved me from the spider, as she so humbly pointed out. The waitress only shoed the spider away from our area. I was too absorbed in my panic attack to remember who saved me from the spider.

So the other day we got a flat tire, and after almost having to change it ourselves (because we are strong independent women) someone kindly changed it for us. Good. Unfortunately we had to take the Rav4 to the garage this evening because there was most definitely something messed with the 'spare' tire. The rim is apparently bent so therefore not functioning. I also dubbed the Rav4 with the name Bent.

This is not the Rav4 but it is a bus with a lot of character....

2 comments:

  1. Is this bus still in service?

    I am thankful that Benedicte saved you from the spider!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Caryn! We are planning on going for supper tonight. And calling some dayhomes. And maybe watching some Top Chef: Just Desserts. Wow. We are totally boring. Nothing close to seeing a truck roll over!!

    ReplyDelete