Thursday, August 25, 2011

Day Seventy Four - HI

I have been granted the position of team lead on one of our next projects. What does that mean? Well let me tell you. It means that I will be in charge of basically whole project. Eek. It is based in Juba so I will not be going to the field for a while. For as much as I like the field, it will be nice to stay in Juba for a longer period of time than just a few days.

I will be conducting a baseline Knowledge, Attitude and Practices (KAP) survey for a new organization. I will be researching what the situation of persons with disabilities and the difficulties they face. It is going to be very interesting and quite a learning experience for sure.

The goal of the organization is to reduce global poverty and promote disability inclusion and awareness in the communities the organization is working in. They promote the respect for the rights of persons with disabilities (PWD). Their aim is to develop projects that improve the living conditions of PWDs in South Sudan.

The final result of this research project will be used to inform future awareness and advocacy activities conducted by the DPOs and are presented to different stakeholders. The survey will assess the communities’ knowledge, attitude, practice and beliefs around disability.

What will be most interesting is that there has never been research like this done in South Sudan so I will be the first to do so.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a very interesting and ground-breaking project. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete